15 February 2014
You looking for Elvis? You've come to the right place. Ever since Elvis married his Priscilla at the Aladdin Hotel in Las Vegas in 1967 and he later sold out the International Hotel for months with his iconic 1970s concerts, Elvis and Las Vegas have gone together like love and marriage themselves.
The Aladdin Hotel no longer exists - it was knocked down and rebuilt most recently as Planet Hollywood - but that doesn't mean you'll be short of an Elvis or two if that's what you want for your wedding day. It's more unusual for wedding chapels not to offer an Elvis option, so there's plenty to choose from, but here are a few of my favourites below.
- If you've seen the movie 'Viva Las Vegas' you'll remember that Elvis marries Ann-Margret at the end. The chapel they marry at is the Little Church of the West - one of the oldest wedding chapels in Las Vegas.
- Pink Cadillac Elvis package at A Special Memory Wedding Chapel. Elvis picks you up in his pink caddy and drives you to the chapel where you can get married in the chapel itself or at the drive- thru' wedding window.
- Dueling Elvis - when one Elvis just won't do, why not have two? Try the Graceland Wedding Chapel.
- Elvis in the Doowop Diner. Love a 1950s diner? - who doesn't? Have your Elvis wedding in the middle of a loving recreation of an American icon at the Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel.
- Elvis in Concert. Choose your Elvis and off you go - choose from Gold Lame, Black Leather, Jumpsuit or Aloha Elvis at the Graceland Wedding Chapel.
- Hawaiian Elvis. Aloha from Elvis in this Hawaiian themed ceremony, complete with hula dancer at the Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel.
- Elvis and Priscilla? Why not? - Elvis does the singing honours, and Priscilla is your maid of honour at the Belleza Wedding Chapel.
- Elvis and Marilyn at A Elvis Wedding Chapel. Not afraid of mixing your metaphors? This wedding package gets you a blonde bombshell as well as Elvis himselvis.