20 January 2012
Chapel of the Flowers wedding chapel has provided traditional, intimate and elegant Las Vegas weddings on the Strip for almost 60 years. It is a full-service wedding venue, with three pretty wedding chapels as well as an outdoor gazebo and glass garden if you prefer an outdoor wedding venue. Its landscaped grounds create a variety of locations for great wedding photographs. The chapel's professional wedding planners work with couples on a daily basis from one-year out to day-of planning.
On-site, Chapel of the Flowers wedding chapel provides fully-equipped white limousines; videography where a couple goes home with their ceremony DVD that same night; world-class photography where couples can pick up their photos and view slideshows in its photo gallery the following day; and a full-service florist, making fresh, custom bouquets and flower arrangements on a daily basis. Additionally, this Las Vegas wedding chapel offers live Internet viewing to cater to the destination bride - friends and family at home can be part of your ceremony even if they can't make the wedding itself.
Chapel of the Flowers has won a number of awards; for 2011 these include: TheKnot.com "Best of Weddings" for Wedding Venue, WeddingWire.com for "Bride's Choice Awards" (Ceremony and Reception Venue 2011), and "Best Wedding Chapel" by the Las Vegas Review-Journal (2010 and 2011) and Las Vegas Wedding Awards.
About Chapel of the Flowers - Quick Facts:
- Approximately 60 staff members
- Fleet of 6 white stretch limousines
- Wedding Planners solely dedicated to the planning process
- Three indoor chapels (La Capella, Victorian, Magnolia), 2 outdoor areas (Glass Gardens, Gazebo)
- Full-service onsite Florist
- Onsite Photo Gallery
- Full-service venue offering onsite and offsite ceremonies, receptions and photo shoots
- Traditional and documentary-style photography available
- Assists international couples who need additional legal documents such as an Apostile or a Certified Copy of their Marriage Certificate
- The property is nearly one acre in size
- Only wedding chapel in Las Vegas using all High Definition video equipment
- First wedding chapel to Broadcast ceremonies live on the Internet
- First wedding chapel to allow guests to virtually attend a ceremony via Skype
Celebrities Weddings at Chapel of the Flowers
1) August 2010 - Rascal Flatts films music video for "Why Wait"
Country music band paid homage to the hit movie "The Hangover" with the song "Why Wait." The music video featured a couple key wedding scenes at Chapel of the Flowers. Both weddings took place inside The Magnolia chapel with comedian Ron White serving as minister at two weddings - first to Rascal Flatts' bassist Jay DeMarcus and later in the video to actor David Arquette. With the glory of editing, everyone exited Arquette's wedding from The Victorian Chapel. A couple, Mary and Phil, were actually getting married at Chapel of the Flowers the day of filming and were able to get photos with the band, White and Arquette.
2) Fall 2009 - "Happily Ever Faster" reality show on TV channel TLC airs
Everyone knows that bride's can come up with some crazy requests and these just get intensified with quick-turnaround weddings - all this leads to an ideal reality show and Chapel of the Flowers helped to fit that niche. For multiple episodes on the cable network TLC, the Chapel owners, planners and staff catered to the likes of bride and grooms on-the-go with TV cameras following their every move. Everyone truly was "Happily Ever Faster."
3) June 2009 - Roseanne Barr's daughter Jessica's wedding
Comedienne Roseanne gives away her daughter during a ceremony in the La Capella Chapel, surrounded by friends. Jessica, also a TV and film producer, had a fun vintage vibe going with her dress and flowers.
4) April 2008 - Carrie Underwood films music video for "Last Name"
Country singer Carrie Underwood's Grammy award-winning song "Last Name" tells the story of meeting a man at a Vegas club, partying hard and marrying him as the night goes on to where she realizes she doesn't even know his/her last name. The marriage brings about the Vegas campiness with an Elvis impersonator conducting the ceremony inside Chapel of the Flower's Victorian Chapel. As the happy couple drives off, the neon "Little Chapel of the Flowers" sign explodes foreshadowing what's to come in the newly-minted marriage.
5) June 2008 - Randy Jackson's brother Herman's wedding
"American Idol" judge and music producer Randy Jackson attends his brother Herman's wedding and stands for him as his best manin this wedding held in the Magnolia Chapel.
6) June 2008 - Louie Anderson's nephew Chris wed
Comedian and Las Vegas headliner Louie Anderson attends the wedding of his nephew Chris to his wife Carly. It was a family gathering with the wedding held outdoors under the gazebo during a warm summer night.
7) May 2006 - Bowling for Soup perform at their friend's wedding
Lead singer/Guitarist Jaret Reddick and Bassist Erik Chandler from Bowling for Soup took a detour from the band's national tour to perform at their friends' wedding. It was a wedding ceremony in the La Capella chapel and the two performed as the bride walked down the aisle and again at the end of the wedding.
8) 2002 - 2003 - Ronnie Vannucci from The Killers is a Chapel of the Flowers photographer
The drummer for The Killers had to make some money while the band was just getting started and he did so as a wedding photographer at the Chapel of the Flowers. It seemed to work well and keep his creative juices flowing as during that time the band recorded their debut album "Hot Fuss," which went on to make them a household name and earn five Grammy nominations.
9) June 2000 - Sir Richard Branson serves as best man for a publicity stunt
Virgin Airlines magnate Richard Branson held a contest for a British couple to get married at Chapel of the Flowers in Las Vegas, where he would fly them in and serve as the couple's Best Man. And that he did, for a couple's wedding held in The Victorian chapel and composed of their family and friends, Virgin Airlines flight attendants and Sir Branson donning a fabulous top hat.
10) November 1998 - Dennis Rodman and Carmen Electra marry
During the basketball player's heyday with the Chicago Bulls, he infamously wed the "Baywatch" babe, Carmen Electra. They insisted it was true love and so happy with their marriage... for nine days. The couple split up by their 10th day anniversary and was officially divorced within a year.