10 May 2016
We've been running this website for over ten years now, and of all the questions we get asked most often "how do I get a Las Vegas wedding licence?" is asked most frequently.
You can plan your wedding with any of the chapels months in advance, but you need to get a physical marriage licence before you can actually go to a chapel and get married. A licence currently costs $77, and they are issued by Clark County Marriage Licence Bureau.
Their details and hours as of May 2016:
Marriage License Bureau
201 E Clark Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Phone: (702) 671-0600
Office Hours: 8 a.m. to midnight, 7 days a week, 365 days a year - including holidays
There are also offices in Henderson and Laughlin - please check website for local opening times.
Key points to note:
- Requirements for U.S. citizens and non U.S. citizens are the same, regardless of gender.
- To obtain your marriage license, both parties must appear in person before a Clerk at a Clark County Marriage Bureau location.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, and no nearer of kin than second cousins or cousins of half-blood, and not having a husband or wife living.
- You don't need to be in Las Vegas for any amount of time before you can apply for your marriage licence - you can come straight from the airport if you wanted to
- You don't need to have a blood test to apply
- You will both need acceptable identification to get your licence - details can be found on the Clark County website (link below)
- You can also now pre-apply for your marriage licence (though this isn't necessary - you can apply as usual once you arrive in the office if you prefer)
- Go to http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/clerk/services/Pages/MarriageLicenses.aspx If you have any questions about the paperwork you need to get your Las Vegas marriage licence (e.g. if you've been divorced, or changed your name) this is the best place to start. Please contact them direct if you have any questions, as they will be pleased to help - and you really don't want to turn up in Vegas to realise only then that you've left the relevant info at home.
Once you have obtained your licence by queueing, filling in the relevant paperwork, providing appropriate i.d. and paying your $77, you are then free to get married in any wedding chapel in Las Vegas.
Search for your perfect Vegas wedding package now.