Celebrity impersonators are fairly easy to find in Las Vegas - from Elvis to Elvira, from Liberace and Tom Jones through to Cher. But if you want real life celebrity connections from your wedding chapel, we've listed a few below:
- Little Church of the West - Shirley Bassey, Richard Gere & Cindy Crawford, David Cassidy, Deanna Durbin, Judy Garland, Bob Geldof, Noel Gallagher (Oasis), Betty Grable, Dudley Moore, Mickey Rooney, Telly Savalas were all married here. In the film 'Viva Las Vegas' it's also the chapel where Elvis and Ann Margaret exchange vows.
- Little White Wedding Chapel - Joan Collins, Frank Sinatra, Judy Garland, Michael Jordan, Demi Moore and Bruce Willis, Mickey Rooney all married here. More recently, this is also where Britney Spears started her first round of married life - it lasted only 55 hours.
- Candlelight Wedding Chapel - Michael Caine married Shakira Baksh here in 1973. He nicknamed it 'The Little Chapel on the Green' due to the astroturf that surrounded it at the time.
- Chapel of the Bells - Mickey Rooney, Ernest Borgnine and Pele were all married here.
- Graceland Wedding Chapel - Jon Bon Jovi was married here, and in fact held a concert in their parking lot when he renewed his vows.
Aladdin Hotel - Elvis and Priscilla married in an 8 minute ceremony at the original Aladdin Hotel back in 1967. That hotel was replaced by the new and improved Aladdin (which was rebranded Planet Hollywood in 2007).
If you want to read more about celebrity weddings in the city, try the book Las Vegas Weddings to find out who got married where and when.
© Little Church of the West